Are you looking for a no-fuss and delicious treat that everyone loves? Look no further than these peanut butter balls with rice krispies! Not only are they easy to make, but their crunchy texture and the combination of sweet peanut butter and sugar will be sure to add some excitement to your next dessert table. Whether you’re treating yourself or others, these peanut butter balls with rice Krispies are definitely worth trying out!
About Rice Krispies
Rice Krispies is a breakfast cereal, made from crisped rice. It was first developed and introduced to the public in 1928 by two food scientists at Kellogg’s. Rice Krispies are known for their snap, crackle and pop sound when milk is poured over them. The product has become a popular addition to many recipes, including casseroles, puddings, and desserts.
Why make peanut butter candy with rice krispies
The combination of crunchy, sweet Rice Krispies and rich, creamy peanut butter creates an irresistible treat. The crunchiness of the cereal helps to balance out the sweetness of the candy coating, while adding a fun texture to every bite. Plus, since it’s so easy to make, it makes for a great activity when you’re entertaining.
Ingredients for peanut butter balls with rice krispies
To make these delicious candy balls, you’ll need a few ingredients for peanut butter balls with rice krispies:
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of butter
- 4 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
How to make peanut butter balls with rice krispies
Instructions To Make Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until everything is evenly combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Take about two tablespoons of mixture and shape it into balls.
- Place the balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until they are firm.
- Once the balls have cooled!
How to melt chocolate for peanut butter balls
If you want to give your peanut butter balls an extra special touch, try melting chocolate and coating them with it. For a delicious and easy way to cover your candy balls in melted chocolate, follow these instructions:
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt together 8 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Take each peanut butter ball and dip it into the melted chocolate, turning to coat evenly.
- Place the covered balls back on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened.
- Enjoy your delicious peanut butter balls coated in melted chocolate!
Related: Are rice krispies gluten free
Tips for making peanut butter balls with rice krispies
- If you don’t have any Rice Krispies on hand, you can substitute with another kind of cereal.
- For a different flavor, try adding some mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the mixture before forming into balls.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the melted chocolate for a delicious sweet and salty combination.
- Feel free to get creative with your candy coating. Instead of using melted chocolate, you can also use white or dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even butterscotch chips.
- If the mixture for the balls is too dry, try adding a little more peanut butter until it reaches your desired consistency.
How to store peanut butter balls with rice krispies
Once you’ve made your peanut butter balls, it’s important to store them properly for best results. Since these candy balls contain perishable ingredients like peanut butter, it’s best to store them in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator. To keep them fresher for longer, you can also freeze them and thaw when needed.
Nutrition in peanut butter balls with rice krispies
Each peanut butter ball with Rice Krispies contains approximately 87 calories and 7 grams of fat. Peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats and proteins, as well as fiber. However, since these candy balls are coated in chocolate, they should be enjoyed in moderation.
Health benefits peanut butter balls with rice krispies
- High in protein: Peanut butter is an excellent source of plant-based protein, which can help aid in muscle growth and repair.
- Rich in healthy fats: The combination of peanut butter and chocolate make these candy balls a great way to get your daily dose of healthy fats.
- Low in sugar: Since powdered sugar is the only sweetener used in these peanut butter balls, they contain significantly less sugar than other candy.
- Good source of fiber: The Rice Krispies cereal provides a good boost of fiber to help keep you full and energized throughout the day.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Peanut butter is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, iron, and vitamin B6.
FAQ: Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies
Why are my Peanut Butter Balls hard as a rock?
Peanut butter balls are best kept at room temperature in an airtight container for maximum freshness; refrigeration would lead to hardened treats.
Can you freeze Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies?
Ready to make festive treats that last? Why not try freezing peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies! Whether they’re pre- or post-dipping, your creations can stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure you store them safely so nothing gets lost – a good container and wax paper layers should do the trick!
What do Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies taste like?
Peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies are a delicious sweet treat! The combination of peanut butter, chocolate and crisp cereal creates an indulgent flavor experience. Plus, the texture is delightful – fluffy, crunchy and chewy all at once. Enjoy as a special dessert or snack anytime!
Why are my peanut butter balls soft?
Ensure your peanut butter balls remain as delicious and fresh as when you first made them by storing them in airtight containers either in the fridge or freezer – otherwise, they may suffer a warm fate that results in their becoming too soft.
How do you make peanut butter balls less sticky?
Have a sticky situation with your peanut butter mixture? Take the bowl to the fridge for 30 minutes and let it firm up. If, on the other hand, you find that things are getting too crumbly – try adding an extra quarter cup of delicious PB to get everything back in balance!
What are peanut butter balls made of?
Peanut butter balls are made of a combination of peanut butter, powdered sugar, and Rice Krispies cereal.
How do you store peanut butter balls?
It’s best to store peanut butter balls in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for extended storage.
Why do my Rice Krispie treats not stay soft?
Rice Krispie treats can become hard if they are stored incorrectly or for too long. The best way to keep them soft is to store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. After that, it’s best to refrigerate or freeze them.
Is peanut butter with rice krispies fat?
Peanut butter with Rice Krispies contains approximately 7 grams of fat per serving. However, since these candy balls are coated in chocolate, they should be enjoyed in moderation.
Is it possible to replace rice Krispies in peanut butter candy with rice krispies?
Yes, it’s possible to replace Rice Krispies in peanut butter candy with other crunchy cereals. Some popular substitutions include cornflakes, Special K cereal, or Chex cereal.
Can bananas be added to peanut butter candies with rice krispies?
Yes, you can add bananas to peanut butter candies with Rice Krispies. Simply mash the banana and mix it into the peanut butter mixture before coating in chocolate. This will give the candy a delicious banana flavor!
Can peanut butter cookies with rice krispies be stored in the freezer?
Yes, peanut butter cookies with Rice Krispies can be stored in the freezer. Make sure to wrap them individually in wax paper or plastic before freezing for best results. The cookie will last up to three months when stored properly.
Conclusion: Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies
Peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can satisfy any sweet tooth. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate make these candy balls both tasty and nutritious, providing you with an excellent source of protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Enjoy as a snack or dessert without worrying about the calories by using reduced-fat peanut butter or substituting some of the sugar for a natural sweetener. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up these tasty treats in no time!
Bill Dawers is the CEO of naan on broughton, a contemporary Indian restaurant in Savannah, GA. The restaurant opened a few weeks ago and has already found a fan in City Talk columnist Bill Dawers. The restaurant sits right across the street from the Marshall House on Broughton Street, joining the large number of hot spots on the shopping street.
How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken In A Crock Pot: A Comprehensive Guide
How To Make 3/4 Cup With Measuring Cups? – A Comprehensive Guide
Can you eat Peanut shells? Cracking the Mystery
Does Jasmine Tea Have Caffeine? Learn About Jasmine Tea